Our mission is:
- To be readily available to clients recognising that legal issues by their nature are often urgent and stressful; and
- To offer prompt, constructive advice and innovative practical solutions to legal and commercial problems.
Our major areas of practice are:
- Company and commercial law, including commercial funding, syndications, company formations acquisitions and mergers, partnerships, joint ventures, business expansion schemes, property acquisition and leasing; Banking and finance law; Commercial securities.
- Property and project developments, industrial and residential; Commercial leases; Hotel and Motel transactions; Building and engineering contracts.
- Sales and purchases of businesses, homes and farms; Funding; Mortgages and financial advice for all property transactions; Advice to Farming and the rural sector.
- Civil and Commercial Litigation in the District Court, High Court and Court of Appeal.
- Maori Land Law issues, including commercial funding for Maori land developments; representing Maori Landowners/Maori Incorporations and Maori Trusts with land development, leasing, land administration, and utilisation.
- Maori Land Court.
- Defended criminal hearings and jury trials in the District Court and High Court and appeals before the High Court and Court of Appeal.
- Family Court litigation, Adoption, Relationship Property, Parenting orders and Protection orders.
- Employment issues, including dismissals, personal grievances and recovery of wages.
- Resource Management, including appearances before District Council Committees and the Environment Court.
- Wills, trusts and estate planning; Estate administration; Family protection and testamentary proceedings involving disputed wills.
- Liquor Licensing Applications and general advice.
- Service contracts and employment law; Labour disputes, Arbitrations; Accident Compensation issues.
- Advising City Authorities, Boards and State Owned Enterprises.
- Insolvency advice, company receiverships and liquidations.
- Advice to the tourism industry.
- Taxation and revenue law; Corporate and private tax planning.
Each client's interests are primarily co-ordinated by one Partner, who thereby gains a full understanding of that client's business and legal affairs. This Partner can then ensure that any special requirements are dealt with by the appropriate specialist within the firm.
Burnard Bull & Co Partners and staff have also always been full participants in community, charitable and sporting activities